CRTN Disclaimer and Usage Guidelines
Due to the large set of projects supported by CRTN and the limited resources available for maintenance,
it is unrealistic to utilize the network in an uncontrolled manner.
In order to continue to support and protect good science, education and outreach,
it is critical that connected collaborators understand that CRTN's resources are limited,
and are careful about the load they impose on the network, as well as onto the (rather small) support staff.
CRTN users must follow the usage conditions listed below. If the usage conditions are changed,
we will make an attempt to inform CRTN users; however, it is the user's responsibility to periodically read this agreement.
- CRTN is administered by the CRTN Consortium
and the CSRC Executive Committee under the UCSD umbrella.
- CRTN is a collaborative research program, and not a generic pay for service.
- Funding is obtained through several tiers of Consortium Membership
- Single-port access to CRTN data is openly available and free of charge
– users must request an NTRIP username and password
from the CRTN Director.
- UCSD offers no guarantees regarding network services, and reserves the right to limit or discontinue connectivity should the network be used in violation of the usage conditions.
- UCSD accepts no liability or responsibility for the use of data and data products for any purpose.
- Users commit to using CRTN bandwidth efficiently in a non-wasteful way
(i.e., taking any reasonable steps to minimize unnecessary bandwidth use).
Data and data products are intended to be disseminated through burst observations through individual data ports.
Continuous (24/7) data retrieval from the network or a subset of the network is not acceptable.
Requests for such access require prior permission from the CRTN Director.
- CRTN users are strongly encouraged to from time to time provide text and images for short updates on the CRTN web site.
Please contact the CRTN PI if you would like to submit such materials.
- SOPAC monitors traffic for research and outreach purposes, and usage details may become publicly available.
- If you use CRTN, your derivative publications or other information materials must make a credit reference
to the CRTN project at the University of California, San Diego (Minimum credit line: http://sopac.ucsd.edu/projects/realtime).
Any opinions, findings and conclusions, or recommendations expressed on the CRTN web page are those of SOPAC
and do not necessarily reflect the views of any other organization.
Give a gift to CRTN